This is a non-CEU Course. ** DEL MERIT Approved STARS **
Mobile Devices: This course MAY be mobile friendly. However, because every device is different, we are unable to guarantee compatibility. Our student support staff is unable to provide technical support when students are attempting to use an iPad, tablet or cell phone to complete an online course. Use of an iPad, tablet, or cell phone is at your own risk.
Washington STARS Credit: Curriculum & Learning Environment (1 hour)
Training Delivery Method: Online
Content Focus Group:
Training Type: Annual Continuing Education Training
Training Level: 1
Training Language(s): English
Description: (1 hour) Online Self-Paced – Open Enrollment * There are many different materials and activities that can be utilized to help young children grow in their art experiences. As you explore art with infants and toddlers, keep in mind the things that you have learned in this training module. And always be sure to give appropriate praise to the children for the art they create. Through art, infants and toddlers can learn so much! Have fun watching the children discover!
1) ENROLLMENT IN THIS COURSE EXPIRES IN 12 MONTHS
2) Student enrollments are activated between 8 am and 9 pm PST, 7 days a week. It can take up to 30 minutes after enrollment for your courses to become active for access. However, in most cases it is within 5 minutes.
3) Enrollments submitted between 9 pm and 8 am (during the night) will be processed by 8:30 am the next morning.
4) Check your email for instructions to start the training. You will receive an email with the word PASSWORD in the subject line. Click on the link in the email, and use the log-in credential provided to access the course.
5) Attention Mobile Device Users! This training is not tested on mobile devices or designed to be used on a mobile device. We are unable to provide technical support if you are attempting to use a mobile device (cell phone, tablet, or any other device other than a computer). And though many students may find that they are able to use their mobile device to complete the course, this training was developed to be done on a computer. Use of a mobile device is at your own risk.
6) This course uses multi-media video presentations. You will be required to view videos on your computer or mobile device in order to complete this course. Some students may find that they need to download Shockwave, Flash player or Java to view videos.
7) Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, or Java, in order to log into the course, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
8) Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
9) Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
10) Refunds are not available after 72 hours.
11) Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
12) Washington students must submit an evaluation form with a valid STARS ID number upon completion of the course and a certificate will be emailed to you. Certificates are prepared throughout the day, 7 days a week.
13) Completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
14) During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.
Posted by Tara on 12th Feb 2016
I loved the parts of the training that incorporated actual ideas for activities. I appreciated that it was clear on what ages the activities would be appropriate for and the main things that would be learned from the exploration.
Posted by Kristina on 30th Nov 2015
The examples of sensory activities gave me more ideas to use in the classroom. I like your online format and quick print time for certificate.
Posted by Kirsten on 13th May 2015
I am more excited than ever to use art with my children. I learned specific ways to incorporate art during the day and general ways to make the art experience more meaningful ( i.e...letting the children's' imagine rule and not worry about messes). I have already started sharing what I learned with the other teachers at our early learning center.
Posted by Ryan on 13th May 2015
I enjoyed this course. Gave me some great ideas.
Posted by Rhonda on 7th Apr 2015
Online training is always the best and like having the option to go back and reread the material.
Posted by Galina on 24th Mar 2015
I liked everything. Mostly I was amazing with examples of art activities
Posted by Allen on 3rd Mar 2015
The whole training was informational and can be used with daily life.
Posted by Shawna on 22nd Jan 2015
I enjoyed the ideas that would work for an art time. I think it was very organized with the information and easy to follow.
Posted by Martina on 22nd Jan 2015
The slide shows are easier for me to read and retain. It doesn't seem so daunting when it's a chunk at a time on a page in a slideshow. Although I can read the larger portions of text in the smaller font and they are still helpful I feel if all of the matter was in slideshow form it would be easier not to skim.
Posted by Lisa on 22nd Jan 2015
I liked getting all the different ideas about art. I have some new things to try with my infants when I return to work tomorrow.
Posted by Heather on 22nd Jan 2015
I really liked the organization of the materials. There was a good combination of slides, reading, pictures, interactive discussion groups, and assessments. Live chat was efficient, courteous, and helpful.
Posted by Tralee on 15th Jan 2015
I loved hearing different activities and why they are so important. With infants your often afraid to use materials that are not age appropriate and this shows that there is a vast amount of activities you can do without making it too hard for them to become involved.
Posted by Juliet on 28th Nov 2014
I enjoyed learning the creative ideas on how and what Art activities I can use with the children I care for.
Posted by Laura on 14th Nov 2014
I enjoyed the online training where I could work at my own pace. Great ideas for sensory - looking forward to implementing them in my classroom.