In-Service Training Course Code: ECE 0512
CDA Competency: Observing and Recording Progress and Behavior of Children [3 hours / .3 CEU]
Washington STARS Credit: Observation and Assessment [3 hours]
Washington Core Competency: Content Area 3 Ongoing Measurement of Child Progress [3 hours]
> Early Care & Education Professionals [3 hours]
Oregon Core Body of Knowledge: Special Needs [3 hours]
Training Type: Annual Continuing Education
Training Delivery Method: Online
Session Length: 3 Hours
Session Level: 2
Participants will have an opportunity to interact with the trainer/instructor: The student is encouraged to contact the trainer and other student support staff by email, Live Chat, phone for support and resources. Student support hours are 8 am until 9 pm, 7 days a week. Student forum and assignments provide the student with opportunities to share experiences, to engage with the trainer and other students, and to reflect on what they have learned.
Audiences the training applies to:
Language(s) used in training: English
Content Focus Group:
Description of Training Session:
Early intervention helps preschool children with special needs gain skills to prevent learning disabilities. Identification of children with special needs is important because several stages must be completed before a child is provided services. If a child needs, but does not receive services, a learning disability is likely to develop.
This lesson provides background information about types of special needs, assessment for diagnosing and evaluating special needs, and legislation protecting children with special needs.
This is a self-paced course that and can be saved and resumed during any point. Assessment question and answer sessions during the course monitor the students’ progress, and support the student’s progression, and learning objectives. There is a test at the end of each course. The questions on the test are completely based on the materials covered in the specific course. The student must get 70% or better to pass the test. If 70% is not achieved, then the training system automatically takes the student back through the course to review the materials that were missed on the test. The student is then returned to the test to try again for a second attempt if needed.
CEU courses provided by Successful Solutions Professional Development LLC are offered in partnership with Smart Horizons, and can be applied toward the educational requirements of a National CDA Credential or CDA Renewal as required by the Council for Professional Recognition.
1) ENROLLMENT IN THIS COURSE EXPIRES IN 12 MONTHS
2) Student enrollments are activated between 8 am and 9 pm PST, 7 days a week. It can take up to 30 minutes after enrollment for your courses to become active for access. However, in most cases it is within 5 minutes.
3) Enrollments submitted between 9 pm and 8 am (during the night) will be processed by 8:30 am the next morning.
4) Check your email for instructions to start the training. You will receive an email with the word PASSWORD in the subject line. Click on the link in the email, and use the log-in credential provided to access the course.
5) Attention Mobile Device Users! This training cannot be done on a mobile device. Cell phones and tablets do not have the required software to run the online In-service courses. A computer with internet access is required to complete the online In-service training.
6) Some students may find that they need to download or update Shockwave, Flash player or Java.
7) Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
8) Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
9) Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
10) Refunds are not available after 72 hours.
11) Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
12) Washington students must submit an evaluation form with a valid STARS ID number upon completion of the course and a certificate will be emailed to you. Certificates are prepared throughout the day, 7 days a week.
13) Completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
14) During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.
Posted by sarah on 9th Jul 2014
somebody was always there when i needed help, and when they werent, it only took less than a minute for someone to reply back to my question. they were always ready to help and answer questions. i loved it. great help for online training. this was a must!
Posted by Amy on 16th Apr 2014
The online format makes it convenient to complete the class without neglecting my family or my teaching time.
Posted by Cathy on 28th Mar 2014
The Auditory, Visual AND Verbal contributions helped MY learning style.
Breaking the sections down into segmented groupings was very helpful, and the Q&A's in between were helpful, as well as entertaining, and broke up any 'monotony'. It also helped me to process the material in a different way, before going onto the next section. This then helped me to remember more of the specifics during the test.
I Appreciated sooo much that techs are available to sort thru any issues, by live chat or phone.
Posted by Shelia on 11th Feb 2014
I looked at several sights and this sight was the ONLY one that gave me instant communication to have questions answered. There were two sights I narrowed it down to and the deciding factor to go with this program was the live chat!!
Posted by Keri on 29th Jan 2014
I liked the flexibility of stopping after an hour and then returning to the same page at a later time. I was provided with support, when I had "techniical" difficulties answering a question. I enjoyed the review question sections after each chapter.