Blood Borne Pathogens and HIV/AIDS Training for Child Care Professionals (2 Hours)
This is a non-CEU Course. ** DEL MERIT ** CDA Training
Mobile Devices: This course MAY be mobile friendly. However, because every device is different, we are unable to guarantee compatibility. Our student support staff is unable to provide technical support when students are attempting to use an iPad, tablet or cell phone to complete an online course. Use of an iPad, tablet, or cell phone is at your own risk.
Child care workers are vulnerable to blood borne pathogens, virus, and infections. Your work as a provider may expose you and your students to diseases and infectious substances on a daily basis. It is said that in the first year teachers will become sick more often than in any other time in their careers because of the variety and exposure to new blood borne pathogens, viruses and infections. The same is true for children who are new to group care. This is why it is so important to learn how to protect students and yourself from being exposed and becoming ill.
This course will provide the information needed to protect yourself, students and your family. However, it will mean little if these instructions are not followed rigorously on a daily basis. Making the excuse of “just this once,” “I was in a hurry,” “I didn't have the correct supplies,” could cause you to become ill and possibly become infected with something that might take your life; or spread a disease to a vulnerable child or adult. This language may seem harsh, but the goal is to prepare and support your health as you work with children and their families.
Washington State Child Care Professionals
You cannot take this course to meet annual STARS Training requirements.
This course meets the training requirements for HIV/AIDS and Bloodborne Pathogens.
WAC 170-295-1110 - Washington Regulations
Washington Child Care Regulations for HIV/AIDS and Bloodborne Pathogens
Every employee who is included in the staff to child ratio in a child care program must have written proof of HIV/AIDS and bloodborne pathogen training that includes prevention, transmission, treatment and confidentiality issues. HIV/AIDS and Bloodborne courses do not meet the requirements for STARS. These courses meet a different regulation other than annual STARS training requirements, and are in addition to STARS.
We encounter providers that are confused about the requirements for HIV/AIDS and Bloodborne Pathogens. No matter where or how you complete HIV/AIDS and Bloodborne Pathogens courses, they will never earn STARS credit. These courses are required under a separate law from STARS - in addition to STARS.
Child care professionals are required to complete 10 hours of annual STARS training, after the initial Child Care Basics. When STARS training is complete, then we record it in the providers MERIT profile.
HIV/AIDS and Bloodborne Pathogens is not recorded in MERIT by the trainer. Instead, the child care professional should keep their certificate for HIV/AIDS and Bloodborne Pathogens in their employee file, and provide it to the licensor upon request.
1) ENROLLMENT IN THIS COURSE EXPIRES IN 12 MONTHS
2) Student enrollments are activated between 8 am and 9 pm PST, 7 days a week. It can take up to 30 minutes after enrollment for your courses to become active for access. However, in most cases it is within 5 minutes.
3) Enrollments submitted between 9 pm and 8 am (during the night) will be processed by 8:30 am the next morning.
4) Check your email for instructions to start the training. You will receive an email with the word PASSWORD in the subject line. Click on the link in the email, and use the log-in credential provided to access the course.
5) Attention Mobile Device Users! This training is not tested on mobile devices or designed to be used on a mobile device. We are unable to provide technical support if you are attempting to use a mobile device (cell phone, tablet, or any other device other than a computer). And though many students may find that they are able to use their mobile device to complete the course, this training was developed to be done on a computer. Use of a mobile device is at your own risk.
6) This course uses multi-media video presentations. You will be required to view videos on your computer or mobile device in order to complete this course. Some students may find that they need to download Shockwave, Flash player or Java to view videos.
7) Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, or Java, in order to log into the course, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
8) Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
9) Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
10) Refunds are not available after 72 hours.
11) Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
12) Washington students must submit an evaluation form with a valid STARS ID number upon completion of the course and a certificate will be emailed to you. Certificates are prepared throughout the day, 7 days a week.
13) Completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
14) During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.
Showing reviews 1-20 of 109 | Next
Posted by Made on 3rd Mar 2016
A lot of useful informations that I can get by taking this course.
It was great to learn new think.Thank you.
Posted by Samantha on 8th Feb 2016
There was a lot of very good points made and I learned a lot.
Posted by Dinah on 5th Feb 2016
I learned a lot of detailed information about Blood Borne Pathogens and HIV/AIDS through this course.
Posted by Brenda on 4th Feb 2016
Very detailed and with important information.
Posted by Dezirae on 3rd Feb 2016
I really enjoyed this course, I got really hooked and interested. it was very informational and understanding.
Posted by Whitney on 2nd Feb 2016
Thanks for taking the time to provide this course!
Posted by Jason on 2nd Feb 2016
Thank you for providing training online!
Posted by Unknown on 2nd Nov 2015
The online class is very convenient. The class was put together well.
Posted by Maureen on 18th Aug 2015
Easy course to take.
Posted by Jessica on 18th Aug 2015
Very informative, and easy to understand!
Posted by Andrea on 17th Aug 2015
I thought this was a great course; direct and to the point!
Posted by Erica on 13th Aug 2015
Informative and easy to obtain needed information.
Posted by Kerstin on 13th Aug 2015
This was a good and informative course.
Posted by Robin on 13th Aug 2015
I thought the course was very through, and the videos were very helpful.
Posted by Stephanie on 13th Aug 2015
There was an excellent balance of reading materials, video tutorials, and quizzes that were especially helpful.
Posted by Virginie on 11th Aug 2015
Very convenient and use for working / stay at home mom .Thank you
Posted by Margarita on 11th Aug 2015
I learned a lot from this course, it teaches a lot of things that every person should know.
Posted by Diana on 11th Aug 2015
Thank you for the informative information and videos
Posted by Mariana on 11th Aug 2015
Thank you for the information. I found it very useful.
Posted by Jason on 17th Jun 2015
This course was informative and very easy to navigate.
Showing reviews 1-20 of 109 | Next