Blood Borne Pathogens and HIV/AIDS Training for Child Care Professionals (2 Hours)
This is a non-CEU Course. ** DEL MERIT ** CDA Training
Mobile Devices: This course MAY be mobile friendly. However, because every device is different, we are unable to guarantee compatibility. Our student support staff is unable to provide technical support when students are attempting to use an iPad, tablet or cell phone to complete an online course. Use of an iPad, tablet, or cell phone is at your own risk.
Child care workers are vulnerable to blood borne pathogens, virus, and infections. Your work as a provider may expose you and your students to diseases and infectious substances on a daily basis. It is said that in the first year teachers will become sick more often than in any other time in their careers because of the variety and exposure to new blood borne pathogens, viruses and infections. The same is true for children who are new to group care. This is why it is so important to learn how to protect students and yourself from being exposed and becoming ill.
This course will provide the information needed to protect yourself, students and your family. However, it will mean little if these instructions are not followed rigorously on a daily basis. Making the excuse of “just this once,” “I was in a hurry,” “I didn't have the correct supplies,” could cause you to become ill and possibly become infected with something that might take your life; or spread a disease to a vulnerable child or adult. This language may seem harsh, but the goal is to prepare and support your health as you work with children and their families.
Washington State Child Care Professionals
You cannot take this course to meet annual STARS Training requirements.
This course meets the training requirements for HIV/AIDS and Bloodborne Pathogens.
WAC 170-295-1110 - Washington Regulations
Washington Child Care Regulations for HIV/AIDS and Bloodborne Pathogens
Every employee who is included in the staff to child ratio in a child care program must have written proof of HIV/AIDS and bloodborne pathogen training that includes prevention, transmission, treatment and confidentiality issues. HIV/AIDS and Bloodborne courses do not meet the requirements for STARS. These courses meet a different regulation other than annual STARS training requirements, and are in addition to STARS.
We encounter providers that are confused about the requirements for HIV/AIDS and Bloodborne Pathogens. No matter where or how you complete HIV/AIDS and Bloodborne Pathogens courses, they will never earn STARS credit. These courses are required under a separate law from STARS - in addition to STARS.
Child care professionals are required to complete 10 hours of annual STARS training, after the initial Child Care Basics. When STARS training is complete, then we record it in the providers MERIT profile.
HIV/AIDS and Bloodborne Pathogens is not recorded in MERIT by the trainer. Instead, the child care professional should keep their certificate for HIV/AIDS and Bloodborne Pathogens in their employee file, and provide it to the licensor upon request.
1) ENROLLMENT IN THIS COURSE EXPIRES IN 12 MONTHS
2) Student enrollments are activated between 8 am and 9 pm PST, 7 days a week. It can take up to 30 minutes after enrollment for your courses to become active for access. However, in most cases it is within 5 minutes.
3) Enrollments submitted between 9 pm and 8 am (during the night) will be processed by 8:30 am the next morning.
4) Check your email for instructions to start the training. You will receive an email with the word PASSWORD in the subject line. Click on the link in the email, and use the log-in credential provided to access the course.
5) Attention Mobile Device Users! This training is not tested on mobile devices or designed to be used on a mobile device. We are unable to provide technical support if you are attempting to use a mobile device (cell phone, tablet, or any other device other than a computer). And though many students may find that they are able to use their mobile device to complete the course, this training was developed to be done on a computer. Use of a mobile device is at your own risk.
6) This course uses multi-media video presentations. You will be required to view videos on your computer or mobile device in order to complete this course. Some students may find that they need to download Shockwave, Flash player or Java to view videos.
7) Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, or Java, in order to log into the course, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
8) Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
9) Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
10) Refunds are not available after 72 hours.
11) Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
12) Washington students must submit an evaluation form with a valid STARS ID number upon completion of the course and a certificate will be emailed to you. Certificates are prepared throughout the day, 7 days a week.
13) Completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
14) During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.
Posted by Holly on 17th Jun 2015
i thought that is was very informative and they covered a bit that i didn't know.
Posted by nazifa on 17th Jun 2015
great course, love the outline and quizzes. will recommend to friends and associates, thanks!
Posted by Francisca on 16th Jun 2015
Thanks so much , all was very good .they will help me to protect our children . God Bless.
Posted by Unknown on 15th Jun 2015
The course was very clear and informative. It was easy to navigate through the course materials and the information was easy to grasp.
Posted by Jenelle on 19th May 2015
It was very helpful and quick and easy
Posted by Susan on 13th May 2015
This was a good, concise refresher for the previous training I have had in the past.
Posted by Crystal on 5th May 2015
There were very imformative parts that i have never heard of.
Posted by Christina on 5th May 2015
This course is very helpful!
Posted by Judy on 5th May 2015
Posted by Laura on 5th May 2015
I prefer to do my training through this website. All the training has been easy, clear, and informative.
Posted by Ruth on 21st Apr 2015
i really liked the way it was presented. I thought it was a very good class.
Posted by Kristie on 21st Apr 2015
I would like to see more emphasis on day to day possible contact examples of exposure. thank you. Overall a good program.
Posted by Brittney on 21st Apr 2015
It was really nice to be able to take this test at my own pace and in my own place.
Posted by Simmi on 21st Apr 2015
It was an informative course!
Posted by Mary on 21st Apr 2015
Very informative and helpful, learned things that I was not to clear on before.
Posted by Jessica on 21st Apr 2015
Learned a lot.
Posted by Monica on 9th Apr 2015
Thank you, this course is great!!!
Posted by Lauren on 31st Mar 2015
I found it very helpful and informing !
Posted by Melissa S on 30th Mar 2015
I accidentally took an incorrect BBP course and had to find a course that could be done quickly and fairly cheaply. This did it for me! The course was super quick, cheaper than any other courses I could find online and was really easy. I would and will recommend this to my emplyoyees
Posted by Diana on 24th Mar 2015
Great course! One of the videos was a little to long.