Online * Self-Paced CDA Courses Available 24/7
Open-Enrollment – Start on any date
The CDA training meets the educational requirements to apply for a National Child Development Associate Credential (CDA).
The tuition to enroll in the CDA training program is $399. The tuition for the CDA payment plan is based on a per module fee. The CDA Training program includes the 120 hours of CDA training required to apply for a CDA Credential.
This CDA training program includes the following:
All CDA courses are completely online. Nothing will be shipped.
1) ENROLLMENT IN THIS COURSE EXPIRES IN 12 MONTHS
2) Student enrollments are activated between 8 am and 9 pm PST, 7 days a week. It can take up to 30 minutes after enrollment for your courses to become active for access. However, in most cases it is within 5 minutes.
3) Enrollments submitted between 9 pm and 8 am (during the night) will be processed by 8:30 am the next morning.
4) Check your email for instructions to start the training. You will receive an email with the word PASSWORD in the subject line. Click on the link in the email, and use the log-in credential provided to access the course.
5) Attention Mobile Device Users! This training cannot be done on a mobile device. Cell phones and tablets do not have the required software to run the CDA courses. A computer with internet access is required to complete the online CDA training.
6) Some students may find that they need to download or update Shockwave, Flash player or Java.
7) Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, this is most often the case when trying to using Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
8) Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
9) Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
10) Refunds are not available after 72 hours.
11) Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
12) Washington students must submit an evaluation form with a valid STARS ID number upon completion of the course and a certificate will be emailed to you. Certificates are prepared throughout the day, 7 days a week.
13) Completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
14) During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.
Attention: The 120 hours of CDA training is the first step in obtaining the National CDA Credential. Once you have completed the CDA training, you will complete the rest of the CDA Credentialing process through the CDA Council of Professional Recognition. There is more information available at: http://www.cdastars.com/how-to-get-a-cda.html
Showing reviews 1-20 of 63 | Next
Posted by Melissa on 15th Feb 2016
It was nice to be able to leave a class if I had to, and then come back later and it would pick up right where I left off. The course information was very useful. It covered a lot of different topics that I wouldn't have even thought to cover. Very helpful for my current job as a lead teacher.
Posted by Natascha on 12th Feb 2016
The fact that I could listen to the training as well as read along was very helpful to me. I also appreciated the test questions given before the final tests in the end.
It would be nice if you could see the hrs before you start doing the sections to better gauge which ones will take more time. But overall, very nice setup and I love the frequently asked questions and resource pages.
Posted by Shirley on 4th Feb 2016
I enjoyed the course. it was very interesting.
Posted by Amberly on 17th Aug 2015
Online, self-paced, taking tests as many times as needed
Posted by Heidi on 13th Aug 2015
I liked being able to work on my classes any time I wanted, even late at night.
Posted by Maria on 16th Jun 2015
Having the training be online was wonderful.
Posted by Unknown on 14th May 2015
Very easy to work with fast response when you need questions answered very professional I should have did it long time ago
Posted by Maribel on 21st Apr 2015
I will for sure recommend this training to everyone!
Posted by Graham on 24th Mar 2015
The part of the training that worked best for me was that I could access it anytime and switch from course to course in no particular order. This helped me because I liked switching from subject to subject.
I would only suggest updating some of the information the training provided, for instance the Food Pyramid has changed and one of the courses goes over the nutritional values and proper serving amounts but it is outdated and incorrect to today's Food Pyramid.
Posted by Kimberly on 13th Mar 2015
I liked the training as it was. It worked well for me and my schedule, especially allowing me the convenience of starting and stopping when needed. It provided opportunities to go back and review when necessary.
I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of detail and information that was included in the training. I am so glad that I decided to do the training. And thanks so much for making it convenient for my schedule.
Posted by Rosa on 2nd Mar 2015
I enjoyed the entire training. I have learned so much because of this training.
Posted by Karen on 19th Jan 2015
All the trainings I have completed so far were very well put together.
Posted by Kim on 14th Jan 2015
This is all online which saves gas and time. The customer support is excellent! Photos are random but pleasant. I would suggest that there be more photos of games, puppets, etcetera as they are discussed in the course.
Posted by Unknown on 29th Dec 2014
My favorite thing about the course is the fact that it is all online. I had very good customer service when I needed to call with some question. I recommend this training if a CDA is what you're woking for.
Posted by Leanna on 19th Nov 2014
I enjoyed this class on infants/toddlers/preschoolers
I have been in childcare for 30 plus years and am surprised
each time I learn more about a topic I have been involved in for so many years. Thank-you.
Posted by Allison on 14th Nov 2014
During the training, I was able to take small "practice" quizzes" after some specific sections. This helped prepare me for the final test after the completion of each course. The narration was a little dry... more enthusiasm in the audio might catch a little more attention on some subjects. I was grateful for the course being online and at my pace. The courses were divided clearly and contained very useful information. I benefited a lot by accessing this material.
Posted by margaret on 15th Oct 2014
Thank you for offering this service. :)
Posted by Jennifer on 26th Sep 2014
The fact that I could do the training on my own time. I have two toddlers of my own so there really is no time. I could take advantage of the little spaces I found in the day to work on this.
Posted by Emily on 25th Sep 2014
I work best by having both auditory and visual representation of information. Having both worked well for me. The information is great to have. I understand more now as to why we do certain things at school.
Posted by Maria on 25th Sep 2014
The summary of every training helps a lot because remains me most important information.
Showing reviews 1-20 of 63 | Next