To enroll in this course, click HERE.
15 Hours of CDA Training Online $60
(Unit 2) Advancing Children's Physical and Intellectual Development (15 hours)
Unit 2 Agenda
- Course Requirements
- CDA Process
- CDA Portfolio
Topic 1: Art Integration (1 hour)
Topic 2: Playdough (2 hours)
- Resource II-3 Creative Arts
Topic 3: STEM (2 hours)
- Resource II-8 Social Skills
- Resource II-6 Self Concept
Topic 4: Classifying and Sorting (1 hour)
Topic 5: Math (2 hours)
- Resource II-4 Fine Motor (Indoor Activity)
Topic 6: Science (2 hours)
- Resource II-9 Mathematics
Topic 7: Music and Movement
- Resource II-1 Science/Sensory
- Resource II-7 Music and Movement
- Resource II-5 Gross Motor (Outdoor Activity)
Topic 8: Promoting Early Literacy (3 hours)
- Resource II-2 Language and Literacy
- Resource I-3 Weekly Lesson Plans
Competency Statement #2
Unit 2 ReviewOverview:
Unit 2 is designed to teach participants how to plan developmentally-appropriate activities for a group of children based on their ages and individual needs, and describe the role of caregivers in guiding and directing the child’s learning process both indoors and out.
CDA applicants must complete a full 120 hours of training for professional early childhood education.
This course is designed to meet the educational requirements for the National CDA Credential. Once you complete all 8 Units, you will have the required formal education to apply for a Child Development Associate Credential.