To enroll in this course, click HERE.
15 Hours of CDA Training Online $60
(Unit 4) Building Productive Relationships with Families (15 hours)
Unit 4 Agenda
- Course Requirements
- CDA Process
- CDA Portfolio
Topic 1: Cultural Competency and Responsiveness (3 hours)
Topic 2: Spanish in the Early Childhood Classroom (1 hour)
- CS IV b Awareness of Children’s Home Life
- Resource IV-2 Family Resources Guide: Translation Service
Topic 3: Family and Community Partnerships (3 hours)
Topic 4: Family Activity Nights (1 hour)
- CS IV a Communication with Families
- Resource IV-1 Family Resources Guide: Family Counseling
Topic 5: Supporting Families with Special Needs (3 hours)
Topic 6: Operation: Military Families (2 hours)
- Resource IV-3 Family Resources Guide: Children with Disabilities
Topic 7: Using Literature to Support Diverse Families (2 hours)
- Resource IV-4 Family Resources Guide: Child Development Resources
Competency Statement #4
Unit 4 Review
In Unit 4, you will learn the basics about communicating with parents. We will highlight ways to collect and share information with families in caring, supportive and easy-to-understand ways.
CDA applicants must complete a full 120 hours of training for professional early childhood education.
This course is designed to meet the educational requirements for the National CDA Credential. Once you complete all 8 Units, you will have the required formal education to apply for a Child Development Associate Credential.