In-Service Training Course Code: ECE 0310
CDA Competency: Effective Program Operation [1 hour / .1 CEU]
Washington STARS Credit: Curriculum Development[1 hour]
Washington Core Competency: Content Area 7: Program Planning and Development [1 hour]
> Early Care & Education Professionals [1 hour]
Oregon Core Body of Knowledge: Learning Environments & Curriculum [1 hour]
Training Type: Annual Continuing Education
Training Delivery Method: Online
Session Length: 1 Hour
Session Level: 2
Participants will have an opportunity to interact with the trainer/instructor: The student is encouraged to contact the trainer and other student support staff by email, Live Chat, phone for support and resources. Student support hours are 8 am until 9 pm, 7 days a week. Student forum and assignments provide the student with opportunities to share experiences, to engage with the trainer and other students, and to reflect on what they have learned.
Audiences the training applies to:
Language(s) used in training: English
Content Focus Group:
Description of Training Session:
Circle time is used to teach children skills in large groups. Several activities can be planned to keep children interested and ensure development within multiple areas. Through discussions and activities, children learn to communicate and cooperate within a social setting. This course provides information about the use of circle time and its effectiveness. Teachers are provided with guidelines for effective circle time strategies and ideas for activities to use during circle time for specific skill development. In addition, strategies for including parents in circle time activities are included.
This is a self-paced course that and can be saved and resumed during any point. Assessment question and answer sessions during the course monitor the students’ progress, and support the student’s progression, and learning objectives. There is a test at the end of each course. The questions on the test are completely based on the materials covered in the specific course. The student must get 70% or better to pass the test. If 70% is not achieved, then the training system automatically takes the student back through the course to review the materials that were missed on the test. The student is then returned to the test to try again for a second attempt if needed.
All courses are completely online. Nothing will be shipped.
1) ENROLLMENT IN THIS COURSE EXPIRES IN 12 MONTHS
2) Student enrollments are activated between 8 am and 9 pm PST, 7 days a week. It can take up to 30 minutes after enrollment for your courses to become active for access. However, in most cases it is within 5 minutes.
3) Enrollments submitted between 9 pm and 8 am (during the night) will be processed by 8:30 am the next morning.
4) Check your email for instructions to start the training. You will receive an email with the word PASSWORD in the subject line. Click on the link in the email, and use the log-in credential provided to access the course.
5) Attention Mobile Device Users! This training cannot be done on a mobile device. Cell phones and tablets do not have the required software to run the online In-service courses. A computer with internet access is required to complete the online In-service training.
6) Some students may find that they need to download or update Shockwave, Flash player or Java.
7) Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
8) Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
9) Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
10) Refunds are not available after 72 hours.
11) Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
12) Washington students must submit an evaluation form with a valid STARS ID number upon completion of the course and a certificate will be emailed to you. Certificates are prepared throughout the day, 7 days a week.
13) Completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
14) During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.
Posted by Tiffani on 26th Jan 2015
I really enjoyed the content of this training.
The narrator was awful! It was hard to pay attention because of her very monotone reading style and it was obvious she was just reading. You could even hear feedback and the cut on and off of the voice activated mic she used.
Posted by Dawn on 18th Apr 2014
It gave me more ideas on what to do during a circle time...example: start up a song so the children know it's time to clean up and meet your friends on the line.
Posted by Alex on 28th Jan 2014
I really found the Circle time helpful and the routines and transitions. Sometimes I forget that even when I want to get some much information to them that they are only four and can not sit through 30 minutes of carpet time.
Posted by Sheri on 28th Jan 2014
It was easy to access, and able to complete in a short amount of time. I liked the fact I could do it right from home.
Posted by Rayanna on 24th Jan 2014
I appreciated that the training identified the areas of development that different activities would promote.
Posted by Athalene on 17th Jan 2014
This class helped me understand that you can teach all kinds of activities at circle time in doors and out, because, if you want to. you can put a small carpet out doors for circle time, on a beautiful day, if your subject is science. I am going to try it, to see how it works.
Posted by Electa on 17th Jan 2014
The visual aids made it interesting to take the class online and the content was clear, as well as easy to understand.