This is a non-CEU Course. ** DEL MERIT Approved STARS **
Mobile Devices: This course MAY be mobile friendly. However, because every device is different, we are unable to guarantee compatibility. Our student support staff is unable to provide technical support when students are attempting to use an iPad, tablet or cell phone to complete an online course. Use of an iPad, tablet, or cell phone is at your own risk.
Washington STARS credit: Curriculum & Learning Environment (3 hours)
CDA Content Area: Advancement of Physical and Intellectual Development (3 hours)
Training Delivery Method: Online
Content Focus Group:
Training Type: Annual Continuing Education Training
Training Level: 2
Training Language(s): English
Description: (3 hours) Online Self-Paced – Open Enrollment * Dr. Seuss is considered by some to be the most famous children’s author of the 20th century. His classics have inspired generations of children with imaginative characters such as the Grinch, the Cat in the Hat, and the Lorax. His stories have brought laughter to millions of classrooms across the world and have encouraged countless children to learn to read. This course discusses the brilliance behind his books and explains just why they are so loved by children and adults alike. It includes lesson plans and ideas to use in your classroom to celebrate the wonderful world of Dr. Seuss!
1) ENROLLMENT IN THIS COURSE EXPIRES IN 12 MONTHS
2) Student enrollments are activated between 8 am and 9 pm PST, 7 days a week. It can take up to 30 minutes after enrollment for your courses to become active for access. However, in most cases it is within 5 minutes.
3) Enrollments submitted between 9 pm and 8 am (during the night) will be processed by 8:30 am the next morning.
4) Check your email for instructions to start the training. You will receive an email with the word PASSWORD in the subject line. Click on the link in the email, and use the log-in credential provided to access the course.
5) Attention Mobile Device Users! This training is not tested on mobile devices or designed to be used on a mobile device. We are unable to provide technical support if you are attempting to use a mobile device (cell phone, tablet, or any other device other than a computer). And though many students may find that they are able to use their mobile device to complete the course, this training was developed to be done on a computer. Use of a mobile device is at your own risk.
6) This course uses multi-media video presentations. You will be required to view videos on your computer or mobile device in order to complete this course. Some students may find that they need to download Shockwave, Flash player or Java to view videos.
7) Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, or Java, in order to log into the course, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
8) Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
9) Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
10) Refunds are not available after 72 hours.
11) Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
12) Washington students must submit an evaluation form with a valid STARS ID number upon completion of the course and a certificate will be emailed to you. Certificates are prepared throughout the day, 7 days a week.
13) Completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
14) During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.
Posted by Terri on 15th Feb 2016
I always enjoy getting new and easy to use lesson plans and activities. I will be using the Ooblick and foot painting lesson soon. The snack ideas will be fun to try this coming week. I will be sharing the video clips with the rest of the child care staff.
Posted by Laura on 12th Feb 2016
I absolutely loved the lesson plans with all of the wonderful suggestions and ideas. I enjoyed the bio film on Dr. Seuss as well.
Posted by Lisa on 10th Feb 2016
I liked the history of Dr. Seuss, I learned new facts about him & loved all the activities. Excited to put the to use, all school year NOT JUST Read Across America Day/Dr. Seuss Day :)
Posted by Brett on 8th Feb 2016
The class was very well organized and well done. I really liked the lessons and the questions that followed.
Posted by Doris on 4th Feb 2016
For me the ideas for activities to make to engage the children while keeping with the book theme is the most helpful. The imagination others have to create these ideas is so helpful to me. Thank you for the additional help, I will be using these ideas in my classroom with my preschoolers.
Posted by Kayla on 4th Feb 2016
IT was nice to be refreshed on different skills and loved the new ideas for lessons.
Posted by Diane on 3rd Feb 2016
it was all great, love all the ideas with the books, which I have most of. Can't wait to try them
Posted by Yvette on 30th Nov 2015
I really liked learning how to incorporate the arts and crafts in learning and reading. I loved this class can wait to use it in my daycare.
Posted by Gayle on 29th Nov 2015
I loved all of the examples of projects and activities
Posted by Melissa on 29th Nov 2015
I loved the various activities that were given and the range of skills and age levels.
Posted by Jessica on 29th Nov 2015
I loved the lesson plans that were put into this training. I have already used several of them with my preschool classes.