In-Service Training Course Code: ECE 0104
CDA Competency: Advancement of Physical and Intellectual Development [1 hour / .1 CEU]
Washington STARS Credit: Curriculum Development[1 hour]
Washington Core Competency: Content Area 2 Curriculum and Learning Environment [1 hour]
> Early Care & Education Professionals [1 hour]
Oregon Core Body of Knowledge: Learning Environments & Curriculum [1 hour]
Training Type: Annual Continuing Education
Training Delivery Method: Online
Session Length: 1 Hour
Session Level: 2
Participants will have an opportunity to interact with the trainer/instructor: The student is encouraged to contact the trainer and other student support staff by email, Live Chat, phone for support and resources. Student support hours are 8 am until 9 pm, 7 days a week. Student forum and assignments provide the student with opportunities to share experiences, to engage with the trainer and other students, and to reflect on what they have learned.
Audiences the training applies to:
Language(s) used in training: English
Content Focus Group:
Description of Training Session:
Young children have a natural attraction to music. The lyrics, beat, rhythm and pace create an exciting and enjoyable venue for children to develop an appreciation for musical expression.
Child care providers should include ample opportunities to explore music and musical instruments, song and dance in their daily curriculum. Such exploration encourages creativity and spontaneity for young children. It also provokes emotion responses in children, such as excitement or calmness.
This course familiarizes students with techniques for incorporating music education into the classroom including singing, making music, and listening. It discusses the cognitive and emotional benefits of music.
This is a self-paced course that and can be saved and resumed during any point. Assessment question and answer sessions during the course monitor the students’ progress, and support the student’s progression, and learning objectives. There is a test at the end of each course. The questions on the test are completely based on the materials covered in the specific course. The student must get 70% or better to pass the test. If 70% is not achieved, then the training system automatically takes the student back through the course to review the materials that were missed on the test. The student is then returned to the test to try again for a second attempt if needed.
All courses are completely online. Nothing will be shipped.
1) ENROLLMENT IN THIS COURSE EXPIRES IN 12 MONTHS
2) Student enrollments are activated between 8 am and 9 pm PST, 7 days a week. It can take up to 30 minutes after enrollment for your courses to become active for access. However, in most cases it is within 5 minutes.
3) Enrollments submitted between 9 pm and 8 am (during the night) will be processed by 8:30 am the next morning.
4) Check your email for instructions to start the training. You will receive an email with the word PASSWORD in the subject line. Click on the link in the email, and use the log-in credential provided to access the course.
5) Attention Mobile Device Users! This training cannot be done on a mobile device. Cell phones and tablets do not have the required software to run the online In-service courses. A computer with internet access is required to complete the online In-service training.
6) Some students may find that they need to download or update Shockwave, Flash player or Java.
7) Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
8) Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
9) Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
10) Refunds are not available after 72 hours.
11) Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
12) Washington students must submit an evaluation form with a valid STARS ID number upon completion of the course and a certificate will be emailed to you. Certificates are prepared throughout the day, 7 days a week.
13) Completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
14) During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.
Posted by Aurora on 17th Mar 2015
I love learning about how music develops in the left brain and how it helps fin and grow motorskills, also how affect social, emotional physical and cognitive
Posted by Brittany on 10th Oct 2014
I enjoyed learning how much music can express a childs creative way of thinking. Children love to pretend they are in a back, or concert. this gives the child a great way of being creative and dressing up in dramatic play clothes to perform a concert.
Posted by Jill on 6th May 2014
I love music, so this was a great class for me! I'm thinking about some home-made musical instruments and maybe even putting on an opera of sorts :)
Posted by Angela on 25th Mar 2014
I liked the music portion the best. Up until I took this portion of learning, I never thought about incorporating music into my daycare...but that will change. The help I received through the live chat was great. They were able to send me a link to try when my computer would not open up a program.
Posted by Mary on 17th Jan 2014
I liked that I could take my time for each section of the test, so I could make sure I got the information I needed. I'm happy that I was able to get my last 1hour credit before the end of the year, so my employer and myself are both in compliance with the STARS program. It's nice that there is a way to do this if there have not been enough trainings to attend throughout the year.
Posted by Ariel on 14th Jan 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed my lesson. It was helpful and insightful. I will be taking more on your website soon. Thank you!