This is a non-CEU Course. ** DEL MERIT Approved STARS ** CDA Training
Mobile Devices: This course MAY be mobile friendly. However, because every device is different, we are unable to guarantee compatibility. Our student support staff is unable to provide technical support when students are attempting to use an iPad, tablet or cell phone to complete an online course. Use of an iPad, tablet, or cell phone is at your own risk.
STARS Credit: Health, Safety and Nutrition (2 hours)
Training Delivery Method: Online
Training Type: Annual Continuing Education Training
Training Level: 2
CDA Content Area: Safe and Healthy Environment (2 hours)
Training Language(s): English
Description: (2 hours) Online Self-Paced – Open Enrollment * High quality programs promote safe and healthy environments where children can thrive and grow. Young children depend upon the adults in their lives to make healthful choices for them and to teach them to make such choices for themselves. Safety is an essential element and responsibility of your work with children. This course designed to address the practices that keep children healthy and safe in early learning programs. You will gain insight and knowledge of safety and health in the childcare setting.
Participants will have an opportunity to interact with the trainer/instructor: The student is encouraged to contact the trainer and other student support staff by email, Live Chat, phone for support and resources. Student support hours are 8 am until 9 pm, 7 days a week. Student forum and assignments provide the student with opportunities to share experiences, to engage with the trainer and other students, and to reflect on what they have learned.
Audiences the training applies to:
Content Focus Group:
Methods: Audio-video with facilitation Independent study with supervision
Course Objectives: Identify what is means to provide a safe environment that will prevent and reduces injuries in a childcare setting. Identify what is required to promote good health, nutrition and an environment that contributes to the prevention of illness Identify elements that will provide an interesting, secure, and enjoyable environment that encourages learning. This course is designed to teach participants how to create a clean and healthy child care environment, manage children’s medication, and encourage staff to make healthy choices for themselves.
This is a self-paced course that and can exited any point. Assessment question and answer sessions during the course monitor the students’ progress, and support the student’s progression, and learning objectives. There is a test at the end of each course. The questions on the test are completely based on the materials covered in the specific course. The student must get 70% or better to pass the test. If 70% is not achieved, then the student may return to the course to try again for a second attempt if needed. This course can be applied toward the educational requirements of a National CDA Credential as required by the CDA Council for Professional Recognition.
1) ENROLLMENT IN THIS COURSE EXPIRES IN 12 MONTHS
2) Student enrollments are activated between 8 am and 9 pm PST, 7 days a week. It can take up to 30 minutes after enrollment for your courses to become active for access. However, in most cases it is within 5 minutes.
3) Enrollments submitted between 9 pm and 8 am (during the night) will be processed by 8:30 am the next morning.
4) Check your email for instructions to start the training. You will receive an email with the word PASSWORD in the subject line. Click on the link in the email, and use the log-in credential provided to access the course.
5) Attention Mobile Device Users! This training is not tested on mobile devices or designed to be used on a mobile device. We are unable to provide technical support if you are attempting to use a mobile device (cell phone, tablet, or any other device other than a computer). And though many students may find that they are able to use their mobile device to complete the course, this training was developed to be done on a computer. Use of a mobile device is at your own risk.
6) This course uses multi-media video presentations. You will be required to view videos on your computer or mobile device in order to complete this course. Some students may find that they need to download Shockwave, Flash player or Java to view videos.
7) Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, or Java, in order to log into the course, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
8) Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
9) Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
10) Refunds are not available after 72 hours.
11) Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
12) Washington students must submit an evaluation form with a valid STARS ID number upon completion of the course and a certificate will be emailed to you. Certificates are prepared throughout the day, 7 days a week.
13) Completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
14) During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.
Posted by Richard on 30th Nov 2015
I like being able to work at my own pace and schedule.
Posted by Wendy on 19th Jan 2015
I love being able to take these trainings at my own pace.
Posted by Robin on 28th Aug 2014
I am really glad to have the live chat option it is nice to know that we can ask and receive and answer immediately
Posted by Kathy on 9th May 2014
I felt the videos enhanced my ability to absorb the information presented on the slides as I am a very visual learner. Felt the program was very current to the present conditions and needs of child care. I plan on implementing several of the ideas I gleaned from this course. I found the staff on Live Chat to be very friendly and helpful.