This is a non-CEU Course. ** DEL MERIT Approved STARS **
Mobile Devices: This course MAY be mobile friendly. However, because every device is different, we are unable to guarantee compatibility. Our student support staff is unable to provide technical support when students are attempting to use an iPad, tablet or cell phone to complete an online course. Use of an iPad, tablet, or cell phone is at your own risk.
** Attention ** This course uses multi-media video presentations. You will be required to view videos on your computer or mobile device in order to complete this course. Some students may find that they need to download Shockwave, Flash player or Java to view videos.
Washington STARS credit: Curriculum and Learning Environment (5 Hours) and Program Planning and Development (5 Hours)
CDA Content Area: Effective Program Operation (10 hours)
Training Delivery Method: Online
Content Focus Group:
Training Type: Annual Continuing Education Training
Training Level: 2
Training Language(s): English
Description: (10 hours) Online Self-Paced – Open Enrollment - Playdough, slime, gak, flubber. Call it what you will, playdough and similar materials are a staple ingredient in programs everywhere. Having dough of some sort available to children gives them plenty of opportunities for creative open-ended sensory play, but that’s not all! This course will help child care professionals and educators use playdough in new ways to expand and develop their program. Recipes, extensions, and new connections will be made for children birth to school-age.
1) ENROLLMENT IN THIS COURSE EXPIRES IN 12 MONTHS
2) Student enrollments are activated between 8 am and 9 pm PST, 7 days a week. It can take up to 30 minutes after enrollment for your courses to become active for access. However, in most cases it is within 5 minutes.
3) Enrollments submitted between 9 pm and 8 am (during the night) will be processed by 8:30 am the next morning.
4) Check your email for instructions to start the training. You will receive an email with the word PASSWORD in the subject line. Click on the link in the email, and use the log-in credential provided to access the course.
5) Attention Mobile Device Users! This training is not tested on mobile devices or designed to be used on a mobile device. We are unable to provide technical support if you are attempting to use a mobile device (cell phone, tablet, or any other device other than a computer). And though many students may find that they are able to use their mobile device to complete the course, this training was developed to be done on a computer. Use of a mobile device is at your own risk.
6) This course uses multi-media video presentations. You will be required to view videos on your computer or mobile device in order to complete this course. Some students may find that they need to download Shockwave, Flash player or Java to view videos.
7) Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, or Java, in order to log into the course, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
8) Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
9) Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
10) Refunds are not available after 72 hours.
11) Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
12) Washington students must submit an evaluation form with a valid STARS ID number upon completion of the course and a certificate will be emailed to you. Certificates are prepared throughout the day, 7 days a week.
13) Completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
14) During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!