In-Service Training Course Code: ECE 0509
CDA Competency: Observing and Recording Progress and Behavior of Children [2 hours / .2 CEU]
Washington STARS Credit: Child Guidance [2 hours]
Washington Core Competency: Content Area 6: Interactions [2 hours]
> Early Care & Education Professionals [2 hours]
Oregon Core Body of Knowledge: Understanding & Guiding Behavior [2 hours]
Training Type: Annual Continuing Education
Training Delivery Method: Online
Session Length: 2 Hours
Session Level: 2
Participants will have an opportunity to interact with the trainer/instructor: The student is encouraged to contact the trainer and other student support staff by email, Live Chat, phone for support and resources. Student support hours are 8 am until 9 pm, 7 days a week. Student forum and assignments provide the student with opportunities to share experiences, to engage with the trainer and other students, and to reflect on what they have learned.
Audiences the training applies to:
Language(s) used in training: English
Content Focus Group:
Description of Training Session:
This course discusses guidance and discipline techniques for young children and the importance of discipline in a child’s social and emotional development. Four age ranges and stages of early childhood development, care provider interventions, and assessment techniques used to identify children with behavioral disorders are discussed. The elements of a well-organized classroom, the benefits of a consistent daily schedule, and the role of rules, rituals, and routines in managing children’s behavior are identified.
This is a self-paced course that and can be saved and resumed during any point. Assessment question and answer sessions during the course monitor the students’ progress, and support the student’s progression, and learning objectives. There is a test at the end of each course. The questions on the test are completely based on the materials covered in the specific course. The student must get 70% or better to pass the test. If 70% is not achieved, then the training system automatically takes the student back through the course to review the materials that were missed on the test. The student is then returned to the test to try again for a second attempt if needed.
CEU courses provided by Successful Solutions Professional Development LLC are offered in partnership with Smart Horizons, and can be applied toward the educational requirements of a National CDA Credential or CDA Renewal as required by the Council for Professional Recognition.
1) ENROLLMENT IN THIS COURSE EXPIRES IN 12 MONTHS
2) Student enrollments are activated between 8 am and 9 pm PST, 7 days a week. It can take up to 30 minutes after enrollment for your courses to become active for access. However, in most cases it is within 5 minutes.
3) Enrollments submitted between 9 pm and 8 am (during the night) will be processed by 8:30 am the next morning.
4) Check your email for instructions to start the training. You will receive an email with the word PASSWORD in the subject line. Click on the link in the email, and use the log-in credential provided to access the course.
5) Attention Mobile Device Users! This training cannot be done on a mobile device. Cell phones and tablets do not have the required software to run the online In-service courses. A computer with internet access is required to complete the online In-service training.
6) Some students may find that they need to download or update Shockwave, Flash player or Java.
7) Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
8) Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
9) Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
10) Refunds are not available after 72 hours.
11) Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
12) Washington students must submit an evaluation form with a valid STARS ID number upon completion of the course and a certificate will be emailed to you. Certificates are prepared throughout the day, 7 days a week.
13) Completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
14) During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.
Posted by Beverly on 12th Sep 2014
I enjoy that I can go at my own pace, take my time and write down the information. I learned a number of things that I will be able to us with my day care and improve my service. I would like to sincerely say "Thank You" to those who have helped me navigate on the computer. They are patient and understanding, and I am so grateful.
Posted by Shannon on 30th Jun 2014
I love having it communicated verbally as well as my being able to read it at the same time
Posted by Jennifer on 4th Jun 2014
I liked having examples of transition songs and art ideas, keep those coming we can never have enough! A few minutes every morning and I can get my training done. thanks.
Posted by Terri on 14th Feb 2014
I will implement the photo card activity schedule posting. Great idea to use with pre-readers. Be consistant consistantly :)
Posted by Peter on 4th Feb 2014
Easy access during school hours. Quick response of online trainers.
Posted by Melissa on 16th Jan 2014
I liked the way the training was divided. I also liked that each section had a small quiz to monitor personal progress.