In-Service Training Course Code: ECE 0314
CDA Competency: Effective Program Operation [3 hours / .3 CEU]
Washington STARS Credit: Environmental Design [3 hours]
Washington Core Competency: Content Area 2: Curriculum and Learning Environment [3 hours]
> Early Care & Education Professionals [3 hours]
Oregon Core Body of Knowledge: Learning Environments & Curriculum [3 hours]
Training Type: Annual Continuing Education
Training Delivery Method: Online
Session Length: 3 Hours
Amount: $ 31.50
Session Level: 2
Participants will have an opportunity to interact with the trainer/instructor: The student is encouraged to contact the trainer and other student support staff by email, Live Chat, phone for support and resources. Student support hours are 8 am until 9 pm, 7 days a week. Student forum and assignments provide the student with opportunities to share experiences, to engage with the trainer and other students, and to reflect on what they have learned.
Audiences the training applies to:
Language(s) used in training: English
Content Focus Group:
Description of Training Session:
During the preschool years, children experience significant physical, social, and emotional growth. Effective décor in child care facilities can lead to teachable moments that enrich children’s development and learning experiences. Teachers should expose children to various types of classroom décor and plan activities to engage them in teachable moments. It is important to model safe decorating practices and encourage children to participate in designing the classroom.
This course defines the term teachable moment and identifies situations that can lead to teachable moments. It discusses classroom décor appropriate for preschoolers and how teachers can use it to support curriculum. Safety guidelines and cost-effective sources for classroom décor are also discussed.
This is a self-paced course that and can be saved and resumed during any point. Assessment question and answer sessions during the course monitor the students’ progress, and support the student’s progression, and learning objectives. There is a test at the end of each course. The questions on the test are completely based on the materials covered in the specific course. The student must get 70% or better to pass the test. If 70% is not achieved, then the training system automatically takes the student back through the course to review the materials that were missed on the test. The student is then returned to the test to try again for a second attempt if needed.
CEU courses provided by Successful Solutions Professional Development LLC are offered in partnership with Smart Horizons, and can be applied toward the educational requirements of a National CDA Credential or CDA Renewal as required by the Council for Professional Recognition.
1) ENROLLMENT IN THIS COURSE EXPIRES IN 12 MONTHS
2) Student enrollments are activated between 8 am and 9 pm PST, 7 days a week. It can take up to 30 minutes after enrollment for your courses to become active for access. However, in most cases it is within 5 minutes.
3) Enrollments submitted between 9 pm and 8 am (during the night) will be processed by 8:30 am the next morning.
4) Check your email for instructions to start the training. You will receive an email with the word PASSWORD in the subject line. Click on the link in the email, and use the log-in credential provided to access the course.
5) Attention Mobile Device Users! This training cannot be done on a mobile device. Cell phones and tablets do not have the required software to run the online In-service courses. A computer with internet access is required to complete the online In-service training.
6) Some students may find that they need to download or update Shockwave, Flash player or Java.
7) Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
8) Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
9) Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
10) Refunds are not available after 72 hours.
11) Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
12) Washington students must submit an evaluation form with a valid STARS ID number upon completion of the course and a certificate will be emailed to you. Certificates are prepared throughout the day, 7 days a week.
13) Completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
14) During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.
Posted by Unknown on 12th Dec 2014
I liked the way the information was divided into sections and had review questions. The information was relevant and presented in an easy to understand way. It also was presented well for various types of learners. I would have liked a section on decorating for infants.
Posted by Janae on 11th Jul 2014
It was very helpful to know that you were readily available to answer my questions. It made it much less intimidating going into. Responses were always quick and very helpful and personable!
Posted by Sheryl on 27th Mar 2014
I liked that it was very in depth and clearly covered all aspects of the course in detail. I was able to learn alot, some I already knew, but also some new things as well.
Posted by Noelle on 25th Mar 2014
liked the tic tac toe section. It was a nice break and fun. I also felt the information was clearly stated and easy to follow. Thank you for the ideas suggested. I am excited to put them to use.
Posted by Nancy on 23rd Jan 2014
I enjoyed the specific examples of how to create teachable moments through the use of décor. I felt somewhat happy that I am presently using some of the opportunities suggested in the course. But I also gained knowledge of others I will make use of in the future.
Posted by Amanda on 22nd Jan 2014
I enjoyed the parts that discussed helpful ways to involve the children in decorating the classroom, I often forget to include them in this process.