In-Service Training Course Code: ECE 0308
CDA Competency: Effective Program Operation [3 hours / .3 CEU]
Washington STARS Credit: Child Growth, Development, and Learning [3 hours]
Washington Core Competency: Content Area 7: Program Planning and Development [3 hours]
> Early Care & Education Professionals [3 hours]
Oregon Core Body of Knowledge: Program Management [3 hours]
Training Type: Annual Continuing Education
Training Delivery Method: Online
Session Length: 3 Hours
Session Level: 2
Participants will have an opportunity to interact with the trainer/instructor: The student is encouraged to contact the trainer and other student support staff by email, Live Chat, phone for support and resources. Student support hours are 8 am until 9 pm, 7 days a week. Student forum and assignments provide the student with opportunities to share experiences, to engage with the trainer and other students, and to reflect on what they have learned.
Audiences the training applies to:
Language(s) used in training: English
Content Focus Group:
Description of Training Session:
The transition from child care to kindergarten is extremely important. This course discusses settings and connections that impact a child's transition into kindergarten. It details effective transition practices for children, schools, families, and communities, and describes caregiver activities that promote readiness development. The schools' role in preparing children for kindergarten, and effective strategies used by Ready Schools, Ready Families, and Ready Communities are discussed. Appropriate readiness assessment techniques and assessment criteria are identified.
This is a self-paced course that and can be saved and resumed during any point. Assessment question and answer sessions during the course monitor the students’ progress, and support the student’s progression, and learning objectives. There is a test at the end of each course. The questions on the test are completely based on the materials covered in the specific course. The student must get 70% or better to pass the test. If 70% is not achieved, then the training system automatically takes the student back through the course to review the materials that were missed on the test. The student is then returned to the test to try again for a second attempt if needed.
CEU courses provided by Successful Solutions Professional Development LLC are offered in partnership with Smart Horizons, and can be applied toward the educational requirements of a National CDA Credential or CDA Renewal as required by the Council for Professional Recognition.
1) ENROLLMENT IN THIS COURSE EXPIRES IN 12 MONTHS
2) Student enrollments are activated between 8 am and 9 pm PST, 7 days a week. It can take up to 30 minutes after enrollment for your courses to become active for access. However, in most cases it is within 5 minutes.
3) Enrollments submitted between 9 pm and 8 am (during the night) will be processed by 8:30 am the next morning.
4) Check your email for instructions to start the training. You will receive an email with the word PASSWORD in the subject line. Click on the link in the email, and use the log-in credential provided to access the course.
5) Attention Mobile Device Users! This training cannot be done on a mobile device. Cell phones and tablets do not have the required software to run the online In-service courses. A computer with internet access is required to complete the online In-service training.
6) Some students may find that they need to download or update Shockwave, Flash player or Java.
7) Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
8) Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
9) Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
10) Refunds are not available after 72 hours.
11) Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
12) Washington students must submit an evaluation form with a valid STARS ID number upon completion of the course and a certificate will be emailed to you. Certificates are prepared throughout the day, 7 days a week.
13) Completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
14) During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.
Posted by maria on 18th Dec 2015
I have learned about my own learning pattern from taking the small tests in each section and that has been most helpful.
I will definitely use some of the information that I need to teach in my VPK class for kindergarten readiness. Love your classes and I am excited in taking more of them. I have my special time where I can sit and do my classes at home on line with my own comfort and quiet time. Thank you for making it possible.
Posted by margaret on 15th Oct 2014
just the overall information provided worked best for me and to know that all are responsible . it takes Village to raise a child has gone away and would love to find ideas on how to empower parental participation . love the live chat . that rocks !!!! so helpful and fast !!
Posted by Jillian on 30th Apr 2014
There are some great things in this training to add to helping my preschoolers be ready for kindergarten!! I'd love to let people know teachers look for kids who are well behaved and excited about school, rather than wanting them to be more academically ready.
LOOOVE having STARS classes available online!!!!
Posted by Keri on 11th Feb 2014
I enjoyed the review/questions after each section and that I was able to review the final test with my answers to see what I answered incorrectly.