In-Service Training Course Code: ECE 0114
CDA Competency: Advancement of Physical and Intellectual Development [3 hours / .3 CEU]
Washington STARS Credit: Curriculum Development [3 hours]
Washington Core Competency: Content Area 2 Curriculum and Learning Environment [3 hours]
> Early Care & Education Professionals [3 hours]
Oregon Core Body of Knowledge: Learning Environments & Curriculum [3 hours]
Training Type: Annual Continuing Education
Training Delivery Method: Online
Session Length: 3 Hours
Session Level: 2
Participants will have an opportunity to interact with the trainer/instructor: The student is encouraged to contact the trainer and other student support staff by email, Live Chat, phone for support and resources. Student support hours are 8 am until 9 pm, 7 days a week. Student forum and assignments provide the student with opportunities to share experiences, to engage with the trainer and other students, and to reflect on what they have learned.
Audiences the training applies to:
Language(s) used in training: English
Content Focus Group:
Description of Training Session:
This course discusses the importance of using puppetry and pretend play in the early child care setting. Included in the course are the definition of puppets and a brief history of puppetry throughout the world. The discussion identifies different types of puppets and puppet stages, and describes design ideas and construction methods. This course also presents ideas for sound and lighting, as well as a discussion of developing and implementing skits and plays that are appropriate for the preschool classroom.
This is a self-paced course that and can be saved and resumed during any point. Assessment question and answer sessions during the course monitor the students’ progress, and support the student’s progression, and learning objectives. There is a test at the end of each course. The questions on the test are completely based on the materials covered in the specific course. The student must get 70% or better to pass the test. If 70% is not achieved, then the training system automatically takes the student back through the course to review the materials that were missed on the test. The student is then returned to the test to try again for a second attempt if needed.
CEU courses provided by Successful Solutions Professional Development LLC are offered in partnership with Smart Horizons, and can be applied toward the educational requirements of a National CDA Credential or CDA Renewal as required by the Council for Professional Recognition.
1) ENROLLMENT IN THIS COURSE EXPIRES IN 12 MONTHS
2) Student enrollments are activated between 8 am and 9 pm PST, 7 days a week. It can take up to 30 minutes after enrollment for your courses to become active for access. However, in most cases it is within 5 minutes.
3) Enrollments submitted between 9 pm and 8 am (during the night) will be processed by 8:30 am the next morning.
4) Check your email for instructions to start the training. You will receive an email with the word PASSWORD in the subject line. Click on the link in the email, and use the log-in credential provided to access the course.
5) Attention Mobile Device Users! This training cannot be done on a mobile device. Cell phones and tablets do not have the required software to run the online In-service courses. A computer with internet access is required to complete the online In-service training.
6) Some students may find that they need to download or update Shockwave, Flash player or Java.
7) Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
8) Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
9) Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
10) Refunds are not available after 72 hours.
11) Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
12) Washington students must submit an evaluation form with a valid STARS ID number upon completion of the course and a certificate will be emailed to you. Certificates are prepared throughout the day, 7 days a week.
13) Completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
14) During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.
Posted by Brittany on 22nd Jul 2014
I learned many different ways that were inexpensive and creative. I am glad I read all the different types of cultures, and creativity ways to make puppets.
Posted by Cassandra on 23rd Jan 2014
I really enjoyed the quizzes that tested my knowledge and how it allowed me to review sections. I also greatly benefited from the activity ideas and that it let me know exactly what materials were used in each activity.
Posted by Ruth on 21st Jan 2014
I am a visual learner, so I enjoyed seeing examples of ideas in the attached images!
Posted by Kathryn on 16th Jan 2014
Pictures! I love having lots of photos during these trainings.Considering this is a teaching aid for young children I thought some of the complicated types and history of puppets was irrelevant. I was able to get help locating my class with the live chat button, it really helped me.