Child Care Basics Online
Regular Tuition: $150
Meets the Basic STARS Training Requirements for Washington State Child Care Centers, Family Home Providers, and Trainers.
Online students work at their own pace and may take more or less time to complete the course. The Child Care Basics focuses on the 10 modules, as outlined by DEL MERIT to meet the basic STARS certificate for Washington child care professionals.
The tuition for this online course is eligible to apply for FULL reimbursement through the STARS Scholarship Program in MERIT.
The STARS Scholarship program will reimburse up to $150 per year for STARS training.
1) ENROLLMENT IN THIS COURSE EXPIRES IN 6 MONTHS
2) Student enrollments are activated between 8 am and 9 pm PST, 7 days a week. It can take up to 30 minutes after enrollment for your courses to become active for access. However, in most cases it is within 5 minutes.
3) Enrollments submitted between 9 pm and 8 am (during the night) will be processed by 8:30 am the next morning.
4) Check your email for instructions to start the training. You will receive an email with the word PASSWORD in the subject line. Click on the link in the email, and use the log-in credential provided to access the course.
5) Attention Mobile Device Users! This training is not tested on mobile devices or designed to be used on a mobile device. We are unable to provide technical support if you are attempting to use a mobile device (cell phone, tablet, or any other device other than a computer). And though many students may find that they are able to use their mobile device to complete the course, this training was developed to be done on a computer. Use of a mobile device is at your own risk.
6) This course uses multi-media video presentations. You will be required to view videos on your computer or mobile device in order to complete this course. Some students may find that they need to download Shockwave, Flash player or Java to view videos.
7) Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, or Java, in order to log into the course, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
8) Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
9) Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
10) Refunds are not available after 72 hours.
11) Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
12) Washington students must submit an evaluation form with a valid STARS ID number upon completion of the course and a certificate will be emailed to you. Certificates are prepared throughout the day, 7 days a week.
13) Completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
14) During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.
Showing reviews 1-20 of 454 | Next
Posted by Summer on 3rd Mar 2016
The comments portions worked really well as they really helped me apply what I was learning right at that time. It helped the information sink in and made me thing.
Posted by Vandana on 3rd Mar 2016
All the modules were very useful and informative. Learned a lot from all the modules.
Posted by kathryn on 3rd Mar 2016
i enjoyed working at my own pace and going back over area i wasnt as familiar with as others as to obtain more information.
Posted by Marylin on 3rd Mar 2016
The training was very good and very well made. I learned a lot. I like the over-all flow of the training and the topics covered.
Posted by Cecilia on 3rd Mar 2016
every part of the training it was very useful very understanding
Posted by Gordon Goheen on 28th Feb 2016
The sturdy material complimented what I already knew as the owner of a large center for 25 years. I took the course so I could see first hand what my 12 staff members have studied. I was pleased to see that the material presented was for the most part right in line with our standing operating procedures. It's great when everyone is on the same page and not going in different directions. I would recommend this course to anyone without hesitation.
Posted by Kirsten on 15th Feb 2016
The fact that it was online and could be completed at my convenience was the most helpful. The reading materials provided were all very practical and informative, and even though they took a long time, they were well worth the investment. I thought there was a good balance between reading, videos and both written responses and multiple choice questions. I appreciate that towards the middle end, there were more multiple choice questions. I was getting burned out a little on written responses.
Posted by Diana on 15th Feb 2016
The whole training program was very easy to read and understand, but test part worked best for me. This training program improved my knowledge working with kids. I would recommend this program to my co-workers.
Posted by Cynthia on 12th Feb 2016
The fact that it could be done online was excellent. I was able to go at my own pace and not have to worry about being in a classroom for a specific amount of time. I enjoyed the videos and printable handouts
Posted by Holland on 12th Feb 2016
I enjoyed all the different resources. the two handbooks, the web pages, videos, handouts. A lot of information was available.
Posted by Heather on 12th Feb 2016
Everything was very easy to navigate. All information was very informative. I especially enjoyed the chat parts. It was nice to see what other people thought.
Posted by Dandan on 12th Feb 2016
I think starbasic is a very helpful and supportive website for me to use as a online training, I would refer others who wants to do online training to starbasic. thank you
Posted by Chandra Phea on 11th Feb 2016
I enjoy doing this program. It's a good program .
Posted by Mary on 8th Feb 2016
I really enjoyed the videos, and getting to see the exampled they had in them.
I enjoyed the group discussions as well, it was interesting to see what everyone else thought.
Posted by Felicia on 8th Feb 2016
I actually really loved most of the videos. I'm a visual learner and it was really helpful seeing how different people organize and run their classrooms. I enjoyed this training more than I thought I would. I learned a lot and appreciated the methods used to teach each course.
Posted by Carrie on 8th Feb 2016
It was very informative and I enjoyed reading handouts about behaviors I notice in my center. I even saved a few.. Thanks
Posted by Alexandria on 8th Feb 2016
I liked that the course was self-paced and utilized multiple platforms (worksheets, videos, discussion boards). The layout made it easy for me to navigate as well.
Posted by Key on 8th Feb 2016
The stars training was interesting, gave me knowledge, and taught me do and don'ts. I enjoyed learning about child development.
Posted by Virginia on 8th Feb 2016
Thank you for offering this training.It is very helpful to become a better child care professional.
Posted by Brandy on 8th Feb 2016
This class was very time consuming and I do not enjoy spending that much time on the computer but being able to learn new things helped with that. The live chat was very helpful. I was immediately contacted when i asked for help and that is nice to know that there are people there looking to help you when you need it,
Showing reviews 1-20 of 454 | Next
Successful Solutions Training in Child Development