Child Care Basics Online
Regular Tuition: $150
Meets the Basic STARS Training Requirements for Washington State Child Care Centers, Family Home Providers, and Trainers.
Online students work at their own pace and may take more or less time to complete the course. The Child Care Basics focuses on the 10 modules, as outlined by DEL MERIT to meet the basic STARS certificate for Washington child care professionals.
The tuition for this online course is eligible to apply for FULL reimbursement through the STARS Scholarship Program in MERIT.
The STARS Scholarship program will reimburse up to $150 per year for STARS training.
1) ENROLLMENT IN THIS COURSE EXPIRES IN 6 MONTHS
2) Student enrollments are activated between 8 am and 9 pm PST, 7 days a week. It can take up to 30 minutes after enrollment for your courses to become active for access. However, in most cases it is within 5 minutes.
3) Enrollments submitted between 9 pm and 8 am (during the night) will be processed by 8:30 am the next morning.
4) Check your email for instructions to start the training. You will receive an email with the word PASSWORD in the subject line. Click on the link in the email, and use the log-in credential provided to access the course.
5) Attention Mobile Device Users! This training is not tested on mobile devices or designed to be used on a mobile device. We are unable to provide technical support if you are attempting to use a mobile device (cell phone, tablet, or any other device other than a computer). And though many students may find that they are able to use their mobile device to complete the course, this training was developed to be done on a computer. Use of a mobile device is at your own risk.
6) This course uses multi-media video presentations. You will be required to view videos on your computer or mobile device in order to complete this course. Some students may find that they need to download Shockwave, Flash player or Java to view videos.
7) Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, or Java, in order to log into the course, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
8) Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
9) Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
10) Refunds are not available after 72 hours.
11) Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
12) Washington students must submit an evaluation form with a valid STARS ID number upon completion of the course and a certificate will be emailed to you. Certificates are prepared throughout the day, 7 days a week.
13) Completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
14) During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.
Posted by Samantha on 8th Feb 2016
I think this really was beneficial to me at my job and I learned a lot from it and I can't wait to apply it to what I am doing
Posted by Stephanie on 5th Feb 2016
I enjoyed the fact it was online and the readings worked best for me as opposed to the videos. This was very constructive, thank you all who are involved in the overseeing of the training.
Posted by Kimberly on 5th Feb 2016
Loved how easy this training was to complete!
Posted by Elyse on 4th Feb 2016
Thank you for providing me with information and knowledge to further my Education in child care. All of the Trainers were amazing throughout my course! friendly and helpful.
Posted by Riffat on 4th Feb 2016
i really enjoy to complete this training through this site, it is really knowledge able and help in my profession.
Posted by Margaret on 4th Feb 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed all of the information presented in this course and have already been putting it into practice at the center! Thanks!
Posted by Shannon on 3rd Feb 2016
I appreciated the opportunity to review other comments for discussions. I learned so much from the handouts and videos and the instruction provided. My perspective on child care has changed dramatically. This course sparked a passion for early education in me that I want to develop and grow.
Posted by Adam on 3rd Feb 2016
Listening, reading, typing and responding to others were all wonderful ways to stay engaged. Thanks for the wonderfully designed site. I feel that our center does a great job because we do what is in the video, and that makes me feel great!
Posted by Dina on 3rd Feb 2016
I enjoyed this training and gained knowledge through the modules. Having the training online and being able to work on it on my time worked best for me.
Posted by Whitney on 2nd Feb 2016
Thanks for making the training so detail oriented and making sure it encompassed most backgrounds. I think if this is something that is being taught across the nation though, required for all child care, there needs to be more focus on low income, less privileged areas and ways to be creative in coming up with ways to create a positive environment in rough neighborhoods.
Posted by Brianna on 2nd Feb 2016
This training helped me learn so much more that will hopefully take me further in my career. I learned alot of things i should know as a childcare provider.
Posted by Rosa on 2nd Feb 2016
It is very good and balance training. Read and Comments about different topics. Also videos help me.
Posted by Hailey on 2nd Feb 2016
My favorite part of the training is that I was able to work at my own pace and convenience. It made it extremely easy to pause when I needed a break.
Posted by Kaylee on 19th Jan 2016
This was by far one of the best training programs I have attended!
Posted by Irisi on 17th Dec 2015
I really enjoy learning the materials and information
Posted by Tina on 30th Nov 2015
I love the flexibility this training provides. The comments exercise is interesting. I also love to watch the videos where I learn best.
Posted by Cybel on 30th Nov 2015
All of it was very useful, clear, and very interesting. I really love the online program you have.
Posted by Suman on 30th Nov 2015
The self paced part was the best thing. This allowed me to pace my training and absorb the learning.
Posted by Evelina on 29th Nov 2015
The videos were very helpful in understanding the unit better.
Posted by Megan on 29th Nov 2015
I enjoyed watching the videos and seeing how other teachers interacted with the children,