2 Hours Professional Development Online
Earthworks: Art and Nature
2 Clock Hours of Early Childhood Education
Art and nature are constantly intertwined especially to the careful observer. Young children benefit from exposure to art and nature and when the two elements are combined, magic is bound to happen! Children become immersed in finding art in nature and using natural materials to create masterpieces. This course will explain the benefits of art and nature exposure separately and as a combination. It will also recommend straightforward methods of teaching art and nature, give educators a chance to create an art and nature lesson plan, and provide sample lesson plans for analytical purposes.
- Explain the importance of art and nature for preschool children
- Analyze sample lesson plans for best practice and adherence to CDA Competency Standards
- Create a lesson plan incorporating nature with art
- Discuss developmentally appropriate forms of nature art for preschool children
Washington STARS credit: Curriculum and Learning Environments (2 hours)
CDA Unit 2: Advancing Children's Physical and Intellectual Development (2 hours)
- Family Child Care (Mixed-Age)
Successful Solutions Training in Child Development is a MERIT registered training organization.