The CDA training program meets the educational requirements to apply for a National Child Development Associate Credential.
There are no due dates for each payment. When you pay for the courses in CDA Module 1: Safe and Healthy Environment, you will receive access to those child care courses. Once you have completed those CDA courses, then process payment for CDA module 2 and we will activate the next set of child care classes in your student platform.
- CDA Process
- CDA Training Online Course List
- CDA Online Training and CEU Course Accreditation
- CDA Credential FAQ's
CDA Payment Plan Details
Module 1: Safe and Healthy Environment - 10 Hours (1 CEU) Tuition: $45
Module 2: Advancement of Physical and Intellectual Development - 21 hours (2.1 CEU) Tuition: $94
Module 3: Principles of Child Growth and Development - 15 hours (1.5 CEU) Tuition: $67
Module 4: Enhancement of Social and Emotional Development - 14 hours (1.4 CEU) Tuition: $63
Module 5: Observing and Recording Progress and Behavior of Children - 15 hours (1.5 CEU) Tuition: $67
Module 6: Positive Relationships with Families - 13 hours (1.3 CEU) Tuition: $58
Module 7: Effective Program Operation - 14 hours (1.4 CEU) Tuition: $63
Module 8: Commitment to Professionalism - 18 hours (1.8 CEU) Tuition: $81
The tuition to enroll in the full CDA training online is $399. The tuition for the payment plan is based on a per module fee. The CDA Training program includes the 120 hours of training required to apply for a CDA.
All courses are completely online. Nothing will be shipped.
2) Student enrollments are activated between 8 am and 9 pm PST, 7 days a week. It can take up to 30 minutes after enrollment for your courses to become active for access. However, in most cases it is within 5 minutes.
3) Enrollments submitted between 9 pm and 8 am (during the night) will be processed by 8:30 am the next morning.
4) Check your email for instructions to start the training. You will receive an email with the word PASSWORD in the subject line. Click on the link in the email, and use the log-in credential provided to access the course.
5) Attention Mobile Device Users! This training cannot be done on a mobile device. Cell phones and tablets do not have the required software to run the CDA courses. A computer with internet access is required to complete the online CDA training.
6) Some students may find that they need to download or update Shockwave, Flash player or Java.
7) Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, this is most often the case when trying to using Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
8) Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
9) Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
10) Refunds are not available after 72 hours.
11) Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
12) Washington students must submit an evaluation form with a valid STARS ID number upon completion of the course and a certificate will be emailed to you. Certificates are prepared throughout the day, 7 days a week.
13) Completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
14) During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.
Attention: The 120 hours of CDA training is the first step in obtaining the National CDA Credential. Once you have completed the CDA training, you will complete the rest of the CDA Credentialing process through the CDA Council of Professional Recognition. There is more information available at: http://www.cdastars.com/how-to-get-a-cda.html