Curriculum Development Training Package 35 Hours
Child Development Training Package Course List;
Discovery of Math (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
Early Literacy (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
Experiencing Music in the Classroom (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
Teaching Science to Young Children (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
Using the Arts as a Teaching Tool (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
Nutrition: Curriculum Development Tools (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
Special Interest Centers (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
Computer Technology in Early Childhood Education (.2 CEU/2 Hours)
Use of Puppetry and Plays (.3 CEU/3 Hours)
Teaching Preschool Math Using Manipulatives (.3 CEU/3 Hours)
Methods for Enhancing Intellectual Development (.2 CEU/2 Hours)
Learning My A,B,Cs (.3 CEU/3 Hours)
Routines and Transitions (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
Child Oriented Spaces (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
Media and Childhood Development (.3 CEU/3 Hours)
Using Portfolios in Early Childhood Programs (.2 CEU/2 Hours)
Learning Through Play (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
Creating Teachable Moments: The Value of Classroom Décor (.3 CEU/3 Hours)
Using Visual Arts to Enhance Development (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
Circle Time (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
Recognizing Levels of Social Play (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
Courses provided in partnership with Smart Horizons MD (CKO-2300)
CEU courses provided by Successful Solutions Professional Development LLC are offered in partnership with Smart Horizons, and meet the educational requirements of a National CDA Credential or CDA Renewal as required by the Council for Professional Recognition.
2) Student enrollments are activated between 8 am and 9 pm PST, 7 days a week. It can take up to 30 minutes after enrollment for your courses to become active for access. However, in most cases it is within 5 minutes.
3) Enrollments submitted between 9 pm and 8 am (during the night) will be processed by 8:30 am the next morning.
4) Check your email for instructions to start the training. You will receive an email with the word PASSWORD in the subject line. Click on the link in the email, and use the log-in credential provided to access the course.
5) Attention Mobile Device Users! This training cannot be done on a mobile device. Cell phones and tablets do not have the required software to run the online In-service courses. A computer with internet access is required to complete the online In-service training.
6) Some students may find that they need to download or update Shockwave, Flash player or Java.
7) Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
8) Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
9) Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
10) Refunds are not available after 72 hours.
11) Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
12) Washington students must submit an evaluation form with a valid STARS ID number upon completion of the course and a certificate will be emailed to you. Certificates are prepared throughout the day, 7 days a week.
13) Completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
14) During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.