Facilitate and Motivate: The Adult Learner (5 hours)
Washington STARS Credit: Administration [5 hours]
Washington Core Competency: Professional Development & Leadership [5 hours]
> Early Care & Education Professionals [5 hours]
> School Age Professionals [5 hours]
Oregon Core Body of Knowledge: Personal, Professional and Leadership Development [5 hours]
Training Type: Annual Continuing Education
Training Delivery Method: Online
Session Length: 5 Hours
Session Level: 4
Participants will have an opportunity to interact with the trainer/instructor: The student is encouraged to contact the trainer and other student support staff by email, Live Chat, phone for support and resources. Student support hours are 8 am until 9 pm, 7 days a week. Student forum and assignments provide the student with opportunities to share experiences, to engage with the trainer and other students, and to reflect on what they have learned.
Audiences the training applies to:
- P-3 Educators
Language(s) used in training: English
Content Focus Group:
- Audio-video with facilitation
- Independent study with supervision
Description of Training Session:
This class will address how adults learn, teaching style, how to motivate and facilitate learning. The class will cover how to listen, observe and be understood when presenting. Finally it will address professional preparation, presentation, and working with different personalities in a class situation.
Learning Objective 1: Section One: After viewing the presentation and answering reflective questions the participant will be able to compare the information on teaching styles to their previous knowledge and application. Evidence of learning will be shown through their assessment, feedback from evaluations and or online chat.
Learning Objective 2: Section Two: After viewing the presentation and answering reflective questions the participant will have an opportunity to analyze the principles of Adult Learning needs. They will then compare this information to their current instructional methods. Evidence of learning will be shown through their assessment, feedback from evaluations and or online chat.
Learning Objective 3: Section Three: After viewing the presentation and answering reflective questions the participant be asked to relate the information about presenter professionalism, and working with the different personalities of adult students to their past experiences and future practice. Evidence of learning will be shown through their assessment, feedback from evaluations and or online chat.
School-Readiness Considerations: Preparing Trainers to successfully train, coach, mentor and lead educators is essential to providing quality care to children. By providing quality care, it assists children in preparation for entry into Kindergarten and lifelong learning.
Section 1 Time: 45 minutes
Section 1 Agenda:
- 1:1 Learning
- 1:2 Pedagogy - Andragogy
- 1:3 Facilitated Learning
Section 2 Time: 60 minutes
Section 2 Agenda
- 2:1 Characteristics
- 2:2 Intellectual Development
- 2:3 The Adult Educator
- 2:4 Curriculum
- 2:5 The Learning Environment
- 2:6 Organizational Factors
Section 3 Time: 75 minutes
Section 3 Agenda
- 3:1 Training Delivery – Make it Meaningful
- 3:2 Dealing with Difficult People
Final Assessment Time: 120 minutes
WASHINGTON STARS TRAINER REQUIREMENTS
2) Student enrollments are activated between 8 am and 9 pm PST, 7 days a week. It can take up to 30 minutes after enrollment for your courses to become active for access. However, in most cases it is within 5 minutes.
3) Enrollments submitted between 9 pm and 8 am (during the night) will be processed by 8:30 am the next morning.
4) Check your email for instructions to start the training. You will receive an email with the word PASSWORD in the subject line. Click on the link in the email, and use the log-in credential provided to access the course.
5) Attention Mobile Device Users! This training is not tested on mobile devices or designed to be used on a mobile device. We are unable to provide technical support if you are attempting to use a mobile device (cell phone, tablet, or any other device other than a computer). And though many students may find that they are able to use their mobile device to complete the course, this training was developed to be done on a computer. Use of a mobile device is at your own risk.
6) This course uses multi-media video presentations. You will be required to view videos on your computer or mobile device in order to complete this course. Some students may find that they need to download Shockwave, Flash player or Java to view videos.
7) Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, or Java, in order to log into the course, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
8) Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
9) Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
10) Refunds are not available after 72 hours.
11) Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
12) Washington students must submit an evaluation form with a valid STARS ID number upon completion of the course and a certificate will be emailed to you. Certificates are prepared throughout the day, 7 days a week.
13) Completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
14) During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.