Factors Affecting Learning
This is a non-CEU Course. ** DEL MERIT Approved STARS **
Mobile Devices: This course MAY be mobile friendly. However, because every device is different, we are unable to guarantee compatibility. Our student support staff is unable to provide technical support when students are attempting to use an iPad, tablet or cell phone to complete an online course. Use of an iPad, tablet, or cell phone is at your own risk.
Washington STARS credit: Program Planning and Development (2 hours)
CDA Content Area: Effective Program Operation (2 hours)
Training Delivery Method: Online
Content Focus Group:
Training Type: Annual Continuing Education Training
Training Level: 2
Training Language(s): English
Description: (2 hours) Online Self-Paced – Open Enrollment * Program planning involves taking each child’s strengths, ability levels, capabilities, and temperament into consideration. This information gives teachers and caregivers the tools they need to create a well-balanced program that values diversity, respect, and inclusion. The following course will assist in planning program activities for students with different learning styles, exceptionalities, and temperaments.
- After completing the course the student will be able to put into practice a nurturing, supportive and respectful view of diversity that helps children to develop a positive self-identity.
- Students will use the information presented to meet the needs of children with exceptionalities for physical, behavior, intellectual, communication and cognitive performance.
- ILLUSTRATE an understanding of the term modality.
- APPLY information provided in the training to identify a modality for a math activity.
- ILLUSTRATE ways to adapt activities for different learning styles.
- IDENTIFY ways to treat all children respectfully and individually.
- EXPLAIN one way to promote diversity in their program.
- IDENTIFY three modifications that can be made to your materials, program, or classroom to accommodate exceptional learners.
- LIST three characteristics of a quality inclusive child care program
2) Student enrollments are activated between 8 am and 9 pm PST, 7 days a week. It can take up to 30 minutes after enrollment for your courses to become active for access. However, in most cases it is within 5 minutes.
3) Enrollments submitted between 9 pm and 8 am (during the night) will be processed by 8:30 am the next morning.
4) Check your email for instructions to start the training. You will receive an email with the word PASSWORD in the subject line. Click on the link in the email, and use the log-in credential provided to access the course.
5) Attention Mobile Device Users! This training is not tested on mobile devices or designed to be used on a mobile device. We are unable to provide technical support if you are attempting to use a mobile device (cell phone, tablet, or any other device other than a computer). And though many students may find that they are able to use their mobile device to complete the course, this training was developed to be done on a computer. Use of a mobile device is at your own risk.
6) This course uses multi-media video presentations. You will be required to view videos on your computer or mobile device in order to complete this course. Some students may find that they need to download Shockwave, Flash player or Java to view videos.
7) Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, or Java, in order to log into the course, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
8) Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
9) Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
10) Refunds are not available after 72 hours.
11) Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
12) Washington students must submit an evaluation form with a valid STARS ID number upon completion of the course and a certificate will be emailed to you. Certificates are prepared throughout the day, 7 days a week.
13) Completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
14) During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.