3 Clock Hour of Early Childhood Education
Click here to enroll in the course for immediate access now.
Making Masterpieces: Art Appreciation for Preschoolers
3 Clock Hour of Early Childhood EducationThe creative arts are a staple in just about every preschool classroom and for good reason! Art is a fundamental aspect of early childhood education. This course discusses artistic styles and famous artists, including Monet, Georgia O'Keeffe, Jackson Pollock plus more and how to integrate their works into your art instruction. It also includes lesson plans that can be adapted for your specific preschool classroom. Learning Outcomes:
- Describe how to use the work of other artists to inspire children in their own art
- Discuss and explain what artist they would teach about
- Examine the difference between process and product art
- Explore a variety of lesson plans and describe how to use them in their own classrooms
Washington STARS credit: Curriculum and Learning Environment (3 hours)Unit 2: Advancing children's physical and intellectual development (3 hours)
- Family Child Care (Mixed-Age)
Successful Solutions Training in Child Development is a MERIT registered training organization.