3 Hours Professional Development Online
Using the ABC Chart to Anticipate and Reduce Biting
3 Clock Hours of Early Childhood Education
Children bite for many reasons. Different situations often result in biting activity and is often considered a relatively normal part of development. Early childhood professionals often struggle with this behavior habit that many young children experience, but with the knowledge and tools to work through this period, should be more comfortable. Likewise, parents and children will be more comfortable as well. This course will provide an overview of why biting behavior occurs in most infants and toddlers and how educators can understand the behavior and respond appropriately after creating and documenting any patterns on an ABC Chart.
- Identify the common reasons for biting
- Design an ABC Chart to document biting patterns
- Demonstrate the use of an ABC Chart
- Explain successful preventative measures for biting behaviors
- Apply the knowledge from this course in an early childhood program
Washington STARS credit: Measurement of Child Progress (3 hours)
CDA Unit 7: Observing and Recording Children's Behavior (3 hours)
- Family Child Care (Mixed-Age)
Successful Solutions Training in Child Development is a MERIT registered training organization.