2 Hours Professional Development Online
Early Childhood Classroom Schedules and Routines
2 Clock Hours of Early Childhood Education
Routines are critical to a well-run child care program that provides the basic fundamental needs for children of all ages. Planning routines creates a positive environment that can assist in social and emotional development as well as support for growing academic concepts and self-awareness. This topic provides beneficial information regarding establishing routines for periods throughout the day, as well as the intentions of establishing routines for children of all ages.
- Identify strategies for helping children with separation anxiety
- Explain common routine challenges and how to overcome them
- Discuss with fellow child care professionals about the importance of routines
- Create a sample daily routine
- Analyze example daily routines for various age groups
Washington STARS credit: Program Planning and Development (2 hours)
Unit 5: Managing an Effective Program Operation (2 hours)
- Family Child Care (Mixed-Age)
Successful Solutions Training in Child Development is a MERIT registered training organization.