1 Clock Hour of Early Childhood Education
Storytelling with Chris Van Allsburg
Chris Van Allsburg has penned numerous bestselling children's books such as The Polar Express, Zathura, and Jumanji. His work as an author and illustrator gives early childhood teachers ample opportunities to assist young children in developing phonological awareness, new vocabulary exposure and imaginative skills. This course is designed for early childhood educators who are interested in including some Chris Van Allsburg works in their programs to advance their student's intellectual and physical development.
- Identify phonological awareness
- Analyze CDA Competency Standards in respect to lesson plan examples
- Discuss some elements of effective storytelling in an early childhood program including infants and toddler
- Explain the value of supporting a child’s imagination
- Apply the knowledge of phonological awareness, effective storytelling and vocabulary exposure in an early childhood program
Washington STARS credit: Curriculum and Learning Environment (1 hour)
Unit 2: Advancing Children's Physical and Intellectual Development (1 hour)
- Family Child Care (Mixed-Age)
Successful Solutions Training in Child Development is a MERIT registered training organization.
#OhioODJFS #OhioProfessionalRegistry #TexasWorkforceRegistry #inserviceforchildcare #preschoolteacher #infantteacher #STARSMERIT #30hourinitialtraining #schoolagestars #DCYFMERIT