The Amazing Early Years: The Continuum of Development
This is a non-CEU Course. ** DEL MERIT Approved STARS ** CDA Training
Mobile Devices: This course MAY be mobile friendly. However, because every device is different, we are unable to guarantee compatibility. Our student support staff is unable to provide technical support when students are attempting to use an iPad, tablet or cell phone to complete an online course. Use of an iPad, tablet, or cell phone is at your own risk.
Washington STARS Credit: Child Growth and Development (3 hours)
CDA Content Area: Understanding Principles of Child Development and Learning (3 hours)
Training Delivery Method: Online
Content Focus Group:
- Preschool Age Children
- Pre-Kindergarten Children
- School-Age Children
Training Type: Annual Continuing Education Training
Training Level: 2
Core Competencies: Child Growth and Development (3.00)
Training Language(s): English
Description: (3 hours) Online Self-Paced – Open Enrollment * This course is designed to provide an overview of growth and development in infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and school-agers (up to age eight). The foundation for building positive relationships is understanding children. All children are unique and progress through predictable ages and stages at their own pace. Knowledge of child development and learning helps us decide which experiences are best for children at specific times in their lives. Caregivers need to model respect for and support of each child’s unique combination of genetics, culture, temperament and experiences.
- Recognize that development occurs in a continuum.
- Identify basic developmental milestones of children.
- Recognize that children respond to situations differently.
- Recognizes that infant and toddler development occur in the context of a secure relationship with a consistent caregiver.
- Adapts and modifies care and education to children’s changing needs and unique personalities.
2) Student enrollments are activated between 8 am and 9 pm PST, 7 days a week. It can take up to 30 minutes after enrollment for your courses to become active for access. However, in most cases it is within 5 minutes.
3) Enrollments submitted between 9 pm and 8 am (during the night) will be processed by 8:30 am the next morning.
4) Check your email for instructions to start the training. You will receive an email with the word PASSWORD in the subject line. Click on the link in the email, and use the log-in credential provided to access the course.
5) Attention Mobile Device Users! This training is not tested on mobile devices or designed to be used on a mobile device. We are unable to provide technical support if you are attempting to use a mobile device (cell phone, tablet, or any other device other than a computer). And though many students may find that they are able to use their mobile device to complete the course, this training was developed to be done on a computer. Use of a mobile device is at your own risk.
6) This course uses multi-media video presentations. You will be required to view videos on your computer or mobile device in order to complete this course. Some students may find that they need to download Shockwave, Flash player or Java to view videos.
7) Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, or Java, in order to log into the course, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
8) Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
9) Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
10) Refunds are not available after 72 hours.
11) Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
12) Washington students must submit an evaluation form with a valid STARS ID number upon completion of the course and a certificate will be emailed to you. Certificates are prepared throughout the day, 7 days a week.
13) Completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
14) During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.