2 Hours Professional Development Online
2 Clock Hours of Early Childhood Education
Vaccines and immunizations are vital components to the health and well-being of the community at large. Child care providers, directors, teachers, and support staff members must have accurate and reliable information about vaccines that come from legitimate sources. Vaccination is important for overall health of individuals and communities and it is important for child care professionals to know the importance of vaccines, how vaccines work, common vaccine myths, and vaccine tracking and reporting responsibilities.
- Discuss the importance of vaccines
- Analyze common vaccine myths
- Identify the reporting responsibilities and purpose of reporting of licensed child care centers
- State the definition of an outbreak and identify the proper agencies to report an outbreak
- State the rights and options of licensed child care facilities in respect to unvaccinated or under vaccinated children
- Briefly explain how vaccines work
- Identify correct immunization tracking procedures
Washington STARS credit: Health, Safety and Nutrition (2 hours)
Unit 1: Planning a Safe and Healthy Learning Environment (2 hours)
- Family Child Care (Mixed-Age)
Successful Solutions Training in Child Development is a MERIT registered training organization.